At The Sparrow’s Home, I take your privacy very seriously. I will not use, sell or do anything with your information including name, phone number, email addresses, addresses etc. I will not put any information on spam lists.
If you subscribe to my blog you will not receive spam, only newsletters with links to posts that I hope will offer information that you find valuable. You may also at times receive news about freebies, giveaways, and special offers. So please feel free to subscribe! If you do not wish to receive my subscription emails at any time please go to the bottom of one of those emails and click the unsubscribe option.
Again, any information you give to The Sparrow’s Home is completely private. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the website
The Sparrow’s Home may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, making a purchase, or submitting a contact form. If as a user or customer you create a user profile, which allows you to create a username and password, we will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
How Your Information May Be Used
The Sparrow’s Home may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the website, and customize the website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties for marketing and analysis purposes. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Sparrow’s Home website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – This service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Facebook – Your email address and name may be used to create custom audiences on Facebook.That data is hashed, anonymous, and used only according to Facebook’s terms here https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/customaudience
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at our sole discretion.
From time to time, The Sparrow’s Home may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
The Sparrow’s Home does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately so we can remove such information from our records.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact us to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request.
- Amend – You may contact us at any time to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request.
Please note that The Sparrow’s Home may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
This policy was last updated 5/20/2018